Office of the Comptroller of Baltimore City

Department of Real Estate

small logo

Special Real Estate Notice - Property for Sale, 3306 N. Hilton St. - 2 bedroom 1 Bath Condo Unit

Hilton St Condo - View Listing Info

Headed by the City Real Estate officer, the Department of Real Estate is responsible for the acquisition of real property of the City. The Department arranges for the disposition of any real property no longer needed by the City for public use .



Harbor Master
City-owned Docks, Wharves, and Piers

The Department of Real Estate manages the use of City-owned docks, wharves, piers, and other facilities which constitute the City-owned portion of the waterfront.


1.   How can I get a copy of the deed to my property?  
First, the Liber and Folio numbers are needed to look up your deed.  These numbers can be obtained from the Baltimore City’s Property Location Office, First floor, Abel  Wolman Municipal Building, 200 N. Holliday Street, Baltimore, Maryland, 21202.  Phone:  410-3633.

Next, you must visit the Baltimore City Land Records Office at the Clarence M. Mitchell Courthouse, 6th floor, 110 N. Calvert Street, Baltimore, Maryland 21202.  Phone:  410-333-3760 to obtain a copy of your deed.

2.   Where do I call with questions regarding real estate licenses in Maryland?
Contact the following office:

Real Estate Commission
Suite 804
501 St. Paul Street
Baltimore, Maryland  21201

3.   Where can I report a complaint against a particular real estate company?
Contact the following offices:

Real Estate Commission
Suite 804
501 St. Paul Street
Baltimore, Maryland  21201
Greater Baltimore Board of Realtors
1306 Bellona Avenue
Lutherville, Maryland   21093

4.   How can I find ownership information for a property in Baltimore City?

Baltimore City’s Property Locations Office
First Floor, Abel Wolman Municipal Building
200 N. Holliday Street
Baltimore, Maryland  21202

5.   Where can I apply for a homeowner’s tax credit?
Contact the following office:

Homeowners Tax Credit
301 W. Preston Street
Baltimore, Maryland   21201

6.        How can I obtain a Tax Sale Certificate?

                See Tax Sale Certificate Section.

7.        Whom do I call to get Baltimore City liens abated?
The Annotated Code of Maryland sets the requirements to have a lien released. To participate in the Lien Release Program contact HCD located at 417 E. Fayette Street, phone (410) 396-4116.

8.        Whom should I contact if I want to donate property to Baltimore City?
Contact the Baltimore City Department of Housing and Community Development (HCD) to determine if the agency is interested in acquiring the property for one of its community development projects.  The number is 410-396-4121.  If the property does not fall within one of HCD’s targeted development areas, there are a number of non-profit organizations that might be interested in acquiring the property.  The best way to contact those organizations is to advertise in the Maryland Center for Community Development’s (MCCD) newsletter. MCCD can be reached at:

Maryland Center for Community Development
1714 St. Paul Street
Baltimore, Maryland  21202
410 – 752-6223

[Back to Top]


Privacy Policy | Contact Us | ©2009 Baltimore City Office of The Comptroller